The classroom is your office
The Five-Star Technology Commitment
We are educators who are committed to transforming K-12 education with technology. Our education technology experts (check out our blog, follow our Leadership team, and find out where we are presenting next) are always a step ahead of the curve through their personal curiosity and passion to be life-long learners. As Five-Star Technology team members, we seek out new ways to solve today’s problems with tomorrow’s answers in mind. Quality service to us does not mean an hourly rate. Five-Star team members will always go above and beyond to solve your district’s education technology management issues, even when that means staying late or coming into the classrooms early.
The primary focus of this position is to provide onsite technical support for end users including students, teachers, support staff, and school administrators of Eastbrook Community Schools. The individual in this highly-visible position must possess outstanding communication and troubleshooting skills, as well as the ability to prioritize information and support requests.
Responsibilities and Expectations
- Provide first level onsite technical support for the school by responding to issues submitted by the school staff and/or students.
- Perform computer imaging, software installations, and maintain/repair technology inventory
- Work with various devices and peripheral equipment including but not limited to iPads, Chromebooks,, interactive whiteboards, etc
- Help maintain and implement the overall technology vision for the school
- Escalate problems to higher level technical support professionals when necessary.
- Be exceedingly flexible with scheduling and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities.
- 1-3 years technical experience in a desktop support position, K-12 education experience is preferred
- CompTIA A+ certification preferred, CompTIA Network+ certification also preferred
- Excellent customer service background with professional appearance and communication skills required
- Ability to work effectively with others in a team environment and/or independently with minimal supervision and guidance.
- Ability to identify tier 1 issues and resolve them without direction.
- Ability to lift and move computers and other technology hardware
- Ability to work normal school hours including school breaks/intermissions.
An eCoach is responsible for providing leadership and support for schools who are looking to effectively integrate technology into their curriculum.
Responsibilities and Expectations
- Provide, create, and deliver professional development (with customer) and ongoing support with a focus on strategies and activities on improving daily instruction
- Support K-12 staff use of assessment data measurements. Guides teachers toward independently developing technology integration resources and student assessment techniques/tools
- Work closely with classroom teachers in the development of lesson plans that encompass the use of technology and providing teachers with technology resources that will aid in classroom instruction
- Work with the Five-Star eLearning experts and the customer to address needs and concerns within the educational environment
- Identify trends in software, curriculum, and teaching strategies in all content areas
- Perform other duties as directed by the Director of Innovative Learning
- Indiana Teaching License
- Experience using instructional technology in a classroom setting
- Experience leading and creating professional development opportunities
- Excellent customer service background with professional appearance and outstanding verbal and written communication skills; attention to detail
- Ability to work with students, teachers, and administrators; must be comfortable integrating technology in curriculum grades K-12
- Ability to work effectively with others in a team environment and/or independently with minimal supervision and guidance